A few quick thoughts on my lunch break. The sun is shining on the screened-in porch where my husband is studying at the table next to me, the birds are calling to each other from the greenery surrounding us, and baby Felicity is on a walk with her Grammy Thompson. This sweet scenario has me thinking about quality of life and blessings that bring me delight. On a whim, these are five lifestyle amenities I hope to have in the years to come:
- A screened in porch or sunroom in my home… large large windows if nothing else.
- Weekly visits to water (at least). I’ll take river, stream, ocean, lake, creek, hot tub or pool. Just gimme.
- Daily meditation practice. I’ve begun using Insight Timer for guided meditations designed to invite sleep at night, but I’d like the practice to be more regular and varied in purpose.
- My own herb garden. The glass of fresh mint tea Grammy Thompson made us this morning inspires.
- Laughter abundant. I want to be known as someone who laughs much and laughs easily. Bring on the wonder, the hilarity, the absurd. Let’s go crazy, friends!